The game

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM

We don't have any visual artist, but here's the Game detailed, as you guys whished to see.

First the login screen, login will come with 6 options,

Option

Credit

Website

Forum

In Option i want to have a Volum Control For Sound

and Music, a Full screen option, a Control which can be set for every player's liking.

Game:

Once in the Game, you can use 4 keys as movement keys, left right up and down, which when used 2 at a time, you can move diagonal.

You can Summon a Pokemon of your paty to follow you around, pokemon keys are going to be the mouse. right click to move pokemon around, after 5 seconds it comes back to player.

Select 6 keys for the 6 pokemon in your party, default could be 123456.

Have 3 items hotkeyed, default button can be 098.

Once a player as learned an hidden /ability otherlly knowed as HM, Give those 2 quick use hotkey as well, you can set, Cut and fly for example, to quickly use them.

Some pokemon are Ridable, the list of Ridable pokemons will come in due time.

Wild pokemon 'Spawn in Wild Grass, but they are seeable, have a limited amount of pokemon spawn per map, and have rare pokemon wiht a rare spawn rate, spawn once in a wile.

When pressing your menu Button (E0 for default, open up the menu with Pokedex, Pokemon, Items, Player info, Pokegear*, 

In the pokeGear you have a few fonctions such as (Skills, Maps, Friend Chat, MOTD, Quests)

I want a few Chats available to all, Map chat, this chat alows you to speak to people which are close to you on maps, lets say 10 tiles area.

World Chat; use this chat to speak to everyone on the game, this chat will be the most used chat by everyone, we'll set some basic rules for player to respect and etc.

Trade / batlle chat; use this chat if you'r looking for a good battle, or willing to trade one of your pokemons, this will ensure no one spams the World chat with these silly requests.

Admin Chat, this chat is only available to the Staff of the game, to discust issues, and meetings.

Mapping chat, this will only be for mapper, so they can discus whats to be worked on and things like that, this will get the Admin chat a less spammy look.

To stop Players from Spamming and Being Asses, i want a /mute, /kick /warning/ and /ban founction.

Battle

To fight, you need to have a pokemon set out, go in wild grass, and use your attacks to defeat the wild pokemons, you can always use a pokeball, when the pokemon as low HP to capture it.

We'll need to set 4 Attack keys, could be UIOP per default.

Depending on the pokemon speed, and skills, some attack will take longer to do then others.

this will ensure that everyone as a chance of dodging, and conterattacking.

Meelee attacks will be a 2 tile radious, and raged attacks can be a 10 tile radious.

If players are in a group (maximum 5) the Exp is shared, 

So right click to tell your pokemon where to go, aim with the mous in the dirrection you want to attack, and click your attack keys to do the attacks.

Attacks all have cooldown after use, so theirs no spamming, some attack are faster to cooldown then others.

Wild pokemon will attack any player owned pokemon that are venturing in the grass or cave, so you can end up having to fight 4 zubats at the same time.

wild pokemon will need to be coded to walk in random direction but never leaves the wild grass, if a player pokemon that was attacking a wild one, leaves the tall grass, the Wild pokemon automaticly starts healing.

moves like lock on, will stop any player owned pokemon to leave the tall grass until the wild pokemon is defeated.

moves like Double team, will split the pokemon using it in 2, having 1 fake and 1 real, the fake Pokemon can lunch attacks at random, but the attacks deals no damage.

A List of all the attacks will be wroten down when nessesary.

from absorb to zen headbutt.

with all their cooldown info, and their radious.

NPC battles will be simple, players chalenge them and then npc will send out a pokemon.

defeat all of their pokemon to win, money and exp.

Quests

Player's will have their own seperate level, when killing a wild pokemon, your pokemon gets all XP, and the player gets 1 XP per kills.

players will get 5XP when defeating an NPC

Quests will be what Levels up the player most.

Have lots of different quests, Hunting quests, collectible quests, group quests, protection quests and so on.

Later on their will also be different quests for the good and the evil.

Pokemon That have a high level will not obey the trainer that his low in levels, instead of having badges to get pokemon to obey, a player as to gain lots of level to get their pokemon to listen.

level 30 pokemon will listen to level 20 players, level 50 pokemons will listen to level 40 players, level 70 pokemons will listen to trainer level60 and level 100 pokemon will listen to trainer level 90.

this way players will have to use lots of different pokemons all the time which will in a way keep the game alive.

The player Level up should be simple, to get from level 1 to level 2, you need 100 Xp from levl 2 to 3, you need 200 Xp, 3-4 300 xp 4-5 400 xp 5-6 500 xp 6-7 600xp 7-8 700, 8-9 800

9-10 900xp.

then once level 10, you need it goes by 500.

10-11 1000xp, 11-12 1500xp, 12-13 2000xp and so one until level 50

level 50 would take  100 500xp. from here, it should raize 1.5k until level 80.

This will keep players active and the world Growing, we won't have level 100 player before long, this will give a chance for the mapper and quest worker, to extand the world as players are reaching last possible level so far.

And the harder the quests, the more EXP gained.

so if everything works well, players will have lots of level 29-30 before reaching level 20, then they will train them to level 50, and have way more pokemon before reaching player level 40.

this way, all 623 <don't recal exact nuumber with blk&wth 2>will be used.

Skills

skills are going to be used to help player level, and have fun in the game. plus its going to give Economy to the game, as all these skills should help player make money.

Skills will include:

Gatherer, these people can Grow berries, and apricorn of all sorts, at low level you get to grow Oran berries and white apricorn, and as you level up, you will grown better berries like, stirus berries, pecha berries, and etc. they also have a rare chance of getting HM cut & Fly

Scientist, These people will create technology, they will be the people who can craft appricorn into balls, make pokedex (yea pokedex will only be optained if bought), exp share, and more to be discussed in group. they can also create HM Flash & teleport

Alchemist, these people will be the onces creating evolution Stones, Revives, potions, repells and etc. they can also create HM Ride, and Dig

Minning, These people can go in caves and collect special stones, which can be sold to alchemists, as well as find fossils, as they grow in levels they get a higher chance of finding special items such as rock hard stone, lagging tail, plates of different ellements, HM rock smach and strength. minners can also use rock smash on certain walls to unlock hidden part of caves.

Fishing, These people have the ability to fish up rarer pokemon as they level, wile fishing you have a rare chance of finding scales, Hm Waterfall, and Whirlpool, 

HM & TM

Hm will be Forgettable without having to go to a move deleter, this way their's less rage in game, and since HM can be used over and over, if you delete an HM move, you can always reteach it to a pokemon.

HM

• Flash allows to light up dark rooms.
  • Teleport (will replace fly from the game, and allow player to teleport to any city visited before
  • Dig Allows player to access the undergrounds
  • Strength, can move big bolder and machines to access new places.
  • Rock smash, can destroy some walls, and rocks, to get to new places
  • Fly Allows you to Ride a flying pokemon and reach new places
  • Ride Allows player to ride a pokemon, to move faster in the world
  • Surf Allows player to Explore Water routes
  • Dive, Allows player to Explore the undersea in some places
  • Waterfall Allows player to explore the Source of where most water begins.
  • Whirlpool Can be used to explore more sea area.

Surf and Dive are the only HM obtained by defeating one of the gyms, as a reward, this way player will all have the chance of exploring the waters.

Mini Games

• Battleground; a 12 v 12 war field where a team as to defeat the other.
  • CTF; create your secret base in the underground, and set up traps, to protect it, if your underneath, anyone can access your base flag and clam it as his.
  • Game corner; i don't want to addict kids to loteri, but having an arcade with pacman like games could be amusing.
  • Contests; we'll have pokemon Colosseum where players can go to to enter contests of all sorts, similar to the one in the 4g game, but modified to please all players.
  • Don George's tournament; have automated Tournaments every 5 hours, so players have a chance to prove their the best in battles. players get to sign up for the tourney, and have to enter the waiting room in the last 10 minutes. at the beginning of the tourney, make a player count of who's in the waiting room, if its bigger then 8, then let the tourney begin otherwise its canceled. make the tournament grid random, so each player don't know who their facing.

Might add more after a few disscussion with you guys

If i missed something, or if you guys got any question, reply it here, and i'll edit this post to respond to them.

If you got ideals of your own you would like to share, don't be shy to send out the word.

Developer
Sep 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM

>You can Summon a Pokemon of your party to follow you around, pokemon keys are going to be the mouse. right click to move pokemon around, after 5 seconds it comes back to player.

This is a little bit unclear to me, do you mean that a pokémon returns to his ball after 5 seconds or that it follows the trainer? And is directly controlling your pokémon on the map really necessary? You use it to initiate battles with wild pokémon(trainers as well, I guess?), but you could do that with the player just fine. I think this way, you just make things unnecessarily complicated(for the player)

>World Chat;Trade / battle chat;Admin Chat;Mapping chat,

Maybe a forum or IRC is better for such things.

>We'll need to set 4 Attack keys, could be UIOP per default.

Since you'll be using WASD and the mouse, using the UIOP-keys could be a nuisance. The trainer doesn't move during battle(I assume), so WASD could be used for the moves. And changing keys should be possible.

>Melee attacks will be a 2 tile radius, and ranged attacks can be a 10 tile radius.

Do you want to use the physical/special distinction to determine what a melee or ranged attack is or determine it otherwise?
If you do, keep in mind that the ranged moves will most likely become OP and need to be nerfed and that there are status moves as well(though those could easily be ranged without much problems)

>Attacks all have cooldown after use, so theirs no spamming, some attack are faster to cooldown then others.

We could determine cooldown through the Speed stat and move priority.(though I prefer charging up instead of cooldown, as it makes switching pokémon fit better, but we need to look at that when deciding on moves)
However, there are some moves that would be difficult to implement in a non-turnbased battle-system.(Such as: Protect,Feint,Sucker Punch,moves that flinch)
Some other features that are specifically turn-based (weather effects, long term moves, certain abilities(Speed Boost))
Speaking of Speed Boost; in this system, Speed is a much more important stat then in the original games.(although balancing the battle-system should be done later)

>so you can end up having to fight 4 zubats at the same time.

Gimme some repels. Quick!

>moves like lock on, will stop any player owned pokemon to leave the tall grass until the wild pokemon is defeated.

I assume you meant Mean Look

>Player's will have their own seperate level, when killing a wild pokemon, your pokemon gets all XP, and the player gets 1 XP per kills.

I don't know if you should restrict people this much, getting to a decent level seems like a lot of work and I don't want to be spending ages with a lv. 20 team
You could increase the chance of a 'Critical capture' per trainer level.

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

>his is a little bit unclear to me, do you mean that a pokémon returns to his ball after 5 seconds or that it follows the trainer? And is directly controlling your pokémon on the map really necessary? You use it to initiate battles with wild pokémon(trainers as well, I guess?), but you could do that with the player just fine. I think this way, you just make things unnecessarily complicated(for the player)

The pokemon as to be out, because i don't want a separate battle screen, you get live action at all time, and the pokemon follows the player, doesn't return in the pokeball.

>Maybe a forum or IRC is better for such things.

if we have trading and battle set on an outside source like forum or IRc, players will just spam the world chat for quick battles, or looking for etc.

>Since you'll be using WASD and the mouse, using the UIOP-keys could be a nuisance. The trainer doesn't move during battle(I assume), so WASD could be used for the moves. And changing keys should be possible.

Well durring the battle you won't really need to move the trainer, so you use mouse for pokemon movement an uiop can still be used to send the attacks

>Do you want to use the physical/special distinction to determine what a melee or ranged attack is or determine it otherwise?
If you do, keep in mind that the ranged moves will most likely become OP and need to be nerfed and that there are status moves as well(though those could easily be ranged without much problems)

that will still need to be sorted out, because some ranged attack could be physical as to some mellee attack could be special.

>However, there are some moves that would be difficult to implement in a non-turnbased battle-system.(Such as: Protect,Feint,Sucker Punch,moves that flinch)
Some other features that are specifically turn-based (weather effects, long term moves, certain abilities(Speed Boost))
Speaking of Speed Boost; in this system, Speed is a much more important stat then in the original games.(although balancing the battle-system should be done later)

Protect would be a reflex skill, when you see an attack comming near you, use protect, it as 1 chance out of 5 of failing.

And flinching moves would put all the attacks of the oponent on coldown for like 3-5 seconds.

And yes as a group we'll get our own balance things and ideal, we don't need to copy everything from the original game, since were making our own version, we need to have a live chat or something to really speak about things

>I assume you meant Mean Look

Yup, good assumption, and if ditto transforms after someone's mean look attack, he'll have a mean looking face wile transformed >:) (not really that was a joke, have to clarify even if you understood at first.)

>I don't know if you should restrict people this much, getting to a decent level seems like a lot of work and I don't want to be spending ages with a lv. 20 team
You could increase the chance of a 'Critical capture' per trainer level.

We'll work on it together, and balance a player system as well, and basically discuss everything and make the basics together